"Public Relations (PR) on a Shoestring Budget" Workshop
APM Public Relations offers “Public Relations on a Shoestring Budget” workshop, a hands-on workshop designed to provide clients with all the basic tools they need to start and execute their own basic Public Relations (PR) program on a shoestring budget. The workshop consists of a how-to guide that includes news release templates, editorial calendars, target contact lists and more. Cost for the workshop is a one-time fee and it includes two hours of post-workshop consultation. This workshop is ideal for companies that currently lack the budget to retain an outside PR agency.
This workshop is typically scheduled from four to eight hours.
- Overview and definition of PR, media relations, advertising and marketing including the definition, value and importance of PR campaigns
- How to get started: Examine the different types of PR and how and when to implement effective campaigns
- How/why/when to write a news release, a news release template and examples of various press announcements
- Target contacts lists specifically for your company including editorial and/or analyst contact information (Note: Availability varies by industry, product and target segment)
- Media relations-How to conduct media and/or analyst relations (etiquette, timing, strategy, goals) and build relationships with reporters, editors, and producers
- How/when/why to conduct media and analyst tours
- How to get a reporter or editor to talk to you
- Pitching Techniques/Creating story ideas
- How to leave effective voice mail messages
- Discuss the importance of white papers, bylines, customer testimonials and community relations
- The value of trade shows, speaking engagements and award opportunities
- What is a press kit, how to create a professional media kit on a budget, and what should be included
- Media Consultation- How to handle the interview with the media
- Web site analysis – How to get customers to come to your website and stay
- Prioritizing your dollars - Public Relations on a Shoestring Budget!
- Two hours of consultation after the workshop
- Press Release
- Media Alert (announcing a publicity stunt)
- Pitch Letter
Sign Up Today
We invite potential clients for marketing, public relations (PR) and communication services. Contact us to schedule your workshop.
APM Speakers Bureau is available to provide motivational and instructional speakers and facilitation of workshops. We are a cost effective resource (typically $3500-$5000, including travel costs) for audiences around the world including corporate executives, small businesses, professional organizations, conference attendees, book clubs, religious groups, and students.
Copyright © 2009-2016 APM Public Relations. All Rights Reserved.